Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Power of a Mother and Gods Wings - a deep and meaningful!

Featured Picture: Red Feather Poppy Hair Clip by HeadFullofFeathers on etsy: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30377967&ref=sr_list_19&&ga_search_query=feather&ga_search_type=all&ga_page=2&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title - stunning isnt it?


Well, those that know me well know that I am not really a religious person as such. However, ever since I was diagnosed with terminal cancer I feel that I have started to understand the world a little better than I may have previously. I feel that facing death makes you sit and think of lots of things that you may not think of normally - churning almost. I feel it has strengthened and fine tuned my senses, making me more aware and sensitive. I find (on most days!!!) that I am less likely to be consumed by the "little things" that do not matter so much, and allows me cherish all the little things that become the "big things!" in the end.

I have prayed many times that I live to see another day (and other days i have prayed for it to all be over with!), and I certainly understand the strength, courage and determination of a mother (being a mother has been the only thing that has got me through on some days!). I also strongly believe in karma and "what goes around comes around".

Facing death and staring at it down the barrel, I have often wondering what there is beyond death and what there is that people fear about it? ... All I see is peace.

I have found that things certainly seem to happen for a reason - sometimes a reason that we may not know until a later date, or perhaps never really understand "why". If you do a kind deed it normally comes back to you in ten fold in various ways.

Today I received one of those "annoying" spam emails that people send others in their address book in multiples and normally they go straight into my spam folder. This one touched my heart, and I thought I would share it with you all:

God's Wings -After a forest fire in Yellowstone National Park , forest rangers began their trek up a mountain to assess the inferno's damage. One ranger found a bird literally petrified in ashes, perched statuesquely on the ground at the base of a tree. Somewhat sickened by the eerie sight, he knocked over the bird with a stick.When he gently struck it, three tiny chicks scurried from under their dead mother's wings. The loving mother, keenly aware of impending disaster, had carried her offspring to the base of the tree and had gathered them under her wings, instinctively knowing that the toxic smoke would rise.

She could have flown to safety but had refused to abandon her babies. Then the blaze had arrived and the heat had scorched her small body, the mother had remained steadfast ..because she had been willing to die, so those under the cover of her wings would live. 'He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge.'(Psalm 91:4)

Being loved this much should make a difference in your life. Remember the One who loves you, and then be different because of it. My instructions were to send this to people that I wanted God to bless and I picked you. Please pass this on to people you want to be blessed. Time waits for no one. Treasure every moment you have. You will treasure it even more when you can share it with someone Special. To realize the value of a Friend...lose one.

Be happy. Every day matters. Love your children with all your might. Cherish your friends and take the time to smell the roses!

Thank you all for following my blog - I love and appreciate all your little faces and love it when you leave comments!

... Blessings x





5 comments:

Sunweeds said...

I'm sorry to here you are ill, so many people at the moment. I have only been following for a little while so didn't know. I can't even imagine what it must be like to be a mother in your situation, thanks for sharing.

Veri-Tea said...

I am also indifferently religious... not really sure what to believe... but that is a beautiful story and thank you for sharing.

Wishing you strength and patience and as much happiness as you can find during your illness. You create beautiful things! xoxo

Melinda said...

Yes, you do make beautiful things, I love my necklace I bought from you.

Amy Schimler-Safford said...

What a great story, yes I agree with all of it - the strength and power of a mother's love, the fact that being loved like that makes ALL of the difference. And I agree with the peace that you see on the other side as well. Beautiful post, thanks for sharing.

Missymaomao said...

When we accept love we can grow in it. I think this is one of our tasks as humans. To accept the gift of love from our family, friends and from God. It's harder than we think.
Thank you for sharing.